Barbara Claypole White writes a glaring, touching, raw book that takes a look into OCD mental illness that most of us have never heard of. I knew about hand washing and repetitive things people were driven to do, even to the point of not being able to leave their homes. But never have I heard of Harm OCD...such severe OCD where you fear you will do harm to a loved one. Her descriptive writing of the struggles the main characters go through to deal with their mental illnesse, almost made me anxious they felt so real! I applaud the way she handled such a troubling topic, while leading us to learn about this side of mental illness. The writing was so very well done and I am in love with all the characters in this book! Such strong fighters who all have a common goal in mind....helping a young girl learn to conquer her OCD. Also the lessons of communication and forgiveness ......not just forgiveness toward others, but toward ourselves was an important lesson to me.I would give this book a ten if I could!!!

#ThePromiseBetweenUs #NetGalley